1) The first goal to accomplish in analyzing a complex series-parallel circuit is to____________?
a. solve for all the voltage drops
b. solve for the total current and resistance
c. equate all series components
d. equate all parallel components
2) The positive (+) and negative (-) ends of the battery are called ___________?
a. circuit diagram
b. battery knobs
c. battery terminals
d. battery sides
3) When a Wheatstone bridge is in a balanced condition, the center voltmeter in the bridge will read_____________?
a. twice the source voltage
b. half the source voltage
c. zero volts
d. the same as the source voltage
4) In a series–parallel circuit, individual component power dissipation are calculated using_____________?
a. individual component parameters
b. a percent of the total power depending on resistor ratios
c. total current squared multiplied by the resistor values
d. a percent of the voltage division ratio squared
5) In a series–parallel circuit consisting of R1 and R2 in series and connected in parallel with R3, if R1 opens, then R2‘s voltage will:___________?
b. remain the same
d. cannot tell
6) The current flowing through an unloaded voltage divider is called the____________?
a. bleeder current
b. load current
c. resistor current
d. voltage current
7) With 21 V applied, if R1 = 5 ohms, R2 = 35 ohms, and R3 = 14 ohms, what is the current of R2 if R1 is series connected with parallel circuit R2 and R3?
a. 200 mA
b. 400 mA
c. 600 mA
d. 800 mA
8) If R1 is in series with parallel connected to R2 and R3, what happens to total current if R2 opens?
a. cannot tell
b. remains the same
9) A Wheatstone bridge can be used to determine an unknown_____________?
10) A device able to supply electrical energy is a __________?