1) The predominant cells after 48 hours of inflammation are_____________?
d. A and B
2) In granuloma, epithelial and giant cells are derived from_____________?
a. T cells
b. B cells
c. Plasma cells
3) All of the following about prostaglandins and leukotriene are correct except________________?
a. Arachidonic acid is metabolized to form prostaglandins and leukotrienes
b. COX-1 is inducible in many tissues
c. COX is induced by cytokines at the site of inflammation
d. Leukotrienes cause bronchoconstriction
4) Caseating granuloma is commonly seen in____________?
a. Viral infections
5) Lepra cells are seen in abundance in_______________?
a. Tuberculoid leprosy
b. Lepromatous leprosy
c. Histoid leprosy
d. Intermediate leprosy
6) The process by which red blood cell move out of vessels through widened inter endothelial junction is referred as_____________?
c. Rouleax formation
d. Chemotaxis migration
7) Ag-Ab (antigen-antibody) reaction due to the presence of antibody at the surface of cell is______________?
a. Type I hyp
b. Type II hyp
c. Type III hyp
d. Type IV hyp
8) The host tissue response in acute inflammation is all except______________?
9) Edema occurs due to_____________?
a. Increased capilary permeability
b. Decreased capilary permeability
c. Decreased interstitial fluid
d. Decreased blood flow
10) Prostaglandins are synthesized from______________?
a. RNA template
b. Rough endoplasmic reticulum
c. Polyunsaturated fatty acids
d. None of the above
11) Granuloma is characterized by all of the following except______________?
a. A specific type of chronic inflammation
b. Accumulation of modified macrophages
c. Initiated by a number of infectious and non infectious agents
d. A reaction of acute inflammation
12) Difference in transudate & exudate is that the former has a______________?
a. Low protein
b. Cloudy appearance
c. Increased specific gravity
d. High protein
13) Component of tubercle bacilli which produce granuloma is_____________?
a. Surface glycolipids
c. Hetero polysaccharide
14) Some micro organisms produce a diffuse spreading inflammatory reaction due to the elaboration of____________?
15) Epitheloid cells are seen in all of the following except______________?
b. Granulation tissue
16) The first even in primary wound healing__________?
a. Epithelial changes
c. Formation of blood cloth
d. Acute inflammatory response
17) Factors influencing wound healing are the following_______________?
b. Adequate blood supply
c. Size and location of wound
d. All of the above
18) Essential granulation tissue constituents include all except_____________?
d. Budding blood vessels
19) All of the following promotes wound healing except_________?
c. Vitamin C
d. Adequate oxygen supply
20) Regeneration by sprouting of axons takes place in which end of transaction of nerve_____________?
a. Proximal end
b. Distal end
c. Both A and B
d. None of the above