1) Daily loss of iron per day in a healthy adult male is_______________?
a. 0.06 mg
b. 0.6 mg
c. 60 mg
d. 600 mg
2) Genes for sex determination is_____________?
3) HOX gene is responsible for which malformation_____________?
c. Mayer Rokitansky syndrome
d. Gorlin syndrome
4) Fibrin degradation product help in detection of_______________?
c. Thrombocytopenic purpura
5) Syndrome which is characterized by 2X chromosomes and 1Y chromosome is_____________?
a. Kleinfelters syndrome
b. Down syndrome
c. Turner syndrome
d. Marfan syndrome
6) Most common cause of pulmonary embolism ?
7) A infant with cleft lip, palate, polydactly, microcephaly with holoprosencephaly, ectodermal scalp defect is suffering from ?
a. Trisomy 21
b. Trisomy 18
c. Trisomy 13
d. Turner syndrome
8) Following is used to stain fungi______________?
b. Fontania stain
c. Ferrous trichrome
d. Pearls prussian blue
9) Which one of the following does not present antigens ?
a. NK cells (Netural killer cells)
b. Dendritic cells
c. Langerhan’s cells
10) Egg shell calcification of Hilar Lymphnode is associated with_____________?
11) Phagocytes kill bacteria through which mechanism_____________?
a. Membrane attack complex killing
b. Oxidative and non-oxidative killing
c. Zipper killing
12) Not sequelae of cellular events in atheroscierotic infarction_____________?
a. Neutrophilic infiltration
c. Ingress of macrophages
d. Intense eosinophilia
13) A patient has increased number of columnar cells in lower esophagus. He has which of the following change_______________?
d. Normal histology
14) A patient with amenorrhea, short stature, less public hair can be in all of the following except___________?
a. 47 XXY
b. 46 XY
c. 45 X
d. 46 XXY
15) Down syndrome is caused by all except___________?
a. Trisomy of 21 chromosome
b. Mosaicism of 21 chromosome
c. Robersonian translocation of 21.21, 21.18
d. Deletion of 21
16) NK cells are effective against viral infected cells only if the cell with infection___________?
a. Exprss MHC class I proteins
b. Unable to express MHC class I proteins
c. Express MHC class II proteins
d. Unable to express MHC class II proteins
17) Tumour involving epiphysis of long bone is____________?
a. Osteogenic sarcoma
c. Ewings sarcoma
d. Chondro sarcoma
18) A haemophilia person has married to a normal woman Then his___________?
a. Daughter are carrier
b. Sons are infected
c. Daughter are infeted
d. All are normal
19) A 13 year old boy presents with a large mixed lytic and blastic mass in the metaphyseal region of the lower end of femur. The most likely diagnosis is___________?
a. Ewing’s sarcoma
d. Giant cell tumour
20) Endotoxic shock is propagated____________?
a. Endothelial injury
b. Peripheral vasodilation
c. Increased vascular permeability
d. Cytokine action