1) Extravasation of blood in to the tissues with resulting swelling is called_____________?
2) Which of the following predisposes to thrombogenesis ?
a. Endothelial injury
b. Stasis of blood
c. Turbulence of blood
d. All of the above
3) Active hypermia is seen in_______________?
a. Muscles during exercise
d. All of the Above
4) An infarct is most frequently is characterized by What type of necrosis ?
5) Partial or complete obstruction of some part of the C.V.S by a foreign body transported by the blood stream is termed as_____________?
6) Caissons disease is caused by______________?
a. Amniotic fluid embolism
b. Hyper coagulability
c. Air or gas embolism
d. Tumour embolism
7) In a thrombus, the dark lines of zahn are due to_______________?
a. Coagulated fibrin
b. Aggregated proteins
c. Aggregated platelets
d. Aggregated R.B.C
8) Nut meg liver occurs in_______________?
b. Chronic venous congestion
d. Hepatocellular carcinoma
9) Heart failure cells are____________?
a. Fibrocytes in myocardium
b. Aschoji’s giant cells
c. Heamosiderin laden macrophages in alveoli
d. Hypertrophic myocardial fibres
10) Hypovolemic shock develops after loss of______________?
a. 10% blood
b. 20% blood
c. 30% blood
d. 40% blood
11) In hypovolemic shock_____________?
a. The central venous pressure ins high
b. The extremities are pale, cold and sweating
c. There is always s site of bleeding
d. Urine output is unaffected
12) All of the following are typically associated with loss of 40% of the circulating blood volume except_______________?
a. A decrease in the blood pressure
b. A decrease in the central venous pressure
c. A decrease in the heart rate
d. A decrease in the urine output
13) Edema is due to_______________?
a. Increased albumin in blood and decreased globin
b. Decreased albumin conc. in blood
c. Increased osmotic pressure
d. None of the above
14) A 20 year male complains of recurrent attacks of sore tthroat since 2 years. The total leukocyte count was 1000/ul. A differential count revealed severe neutropenia. The diagnosis is________________?
a. Subleukemic leukemia
b. Infectious mononucleosis
d. Leukoerythroblastic anemia
15) Thrombocytopenia due to increased platelet destruction is seen in_________________?
a. Aplasti anemia
b. Cancer chemotherapy
c. Acute leukemia
d. Systemic lupus erythematosus
16) Primary hemostasis is disturbed in______________?
a. Platelet disorder
b. Lupus anticoagulant
d. Liver disease
17) A 3-year old child presented with progressive anaemia, jaundice & failure to thrive. O/E: pallor, splenomegaly are seen Peripheral smear showed normoblasts and small round intensely stained red cells. The likely diagnosis is________________?
a. Here ditary spherocytosis
c. Sickle cell anaemia
d. Vitamin B12 deficiency anaemia
18) Increased levels of haemoglobin A2 is characteristic of________________?
a. Sickle cell trait
b. b-thalassaemia crait
c. Glucose-6 phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency
19) In sickle cell anaemia there is_____________?
a. 75 to 100% haemoglobins
b. 10 to 20% haemoglobins
c. 20 to 30% haemoglobins
d. 50 to 60% haemoglobins
20) The fading of cellular chromatin is_____________?