1) Which of the following is correct ?
a. Pyknosis – shrinkage of nucleus
b. Karyolysis – Dissolution of nucleus
c. Karyorrhexis – fragmentation of nucleus
d. All of the above
2) Which of the following statement is _____________?
a. Low density lipoproteins has maximum association with atherosclerosis
b. High density lipoproteins have protective role in atherosclerosis
c. Poly unsaturated fats lowers plasma cholesterol levels
d. HDL contains the highest cholesterol content
3) Which of the following statements is true?
a. Arterial thrombi produces ischemia and infarction where as cardiac and venous thrombi cause embolism
b. Arterial thrombi to be white and non occlusive (mural) where as venous thrombi are red and occlusive
c. Venous thrombi are soft, red and gelatinous where as arterial thrombi are firm and white
d. All of the above
4) Which of the following is not an action of epinephrine when administered intravenously in a high dose ?
a. Increased liver glycogenolysis
b. Causes broachiolar constriction
c. Evokes extrasystoles in the heart
d. Produces restlessness and anxiety
5) The antidote for heparin is______________?
b. Protamine sulphate
d. Potassium sulphate
6) An excess of which of the following hormones may be associated with increased sensitivity to epinephrine ?
a. Lowers the intraocular pressure in glaucoma
b. Cleaved by acetylcholinesterase
c. Inhibits sweat and lacrimation
d. Causes tachycardia
8) The drug which is used to treat laryngospasm is_______________?
9) The drug of choice in the management of life threatening allergic reaction is______________?
10) The following drugs are avoided with warfarin ______________?
c. Nsaid’s like Ibuprofen
d. Codeine, dihydrocodeine, paracetmol
11) Beta 2 agonist causes_______________?
b. Contraction of urinary spinctors
d. Bronchial muscle relaxation
12) The metabolic effects of sympathomimetics are mediated by__________________?
a. All beta-adrenergic receptors
b. Dopaminergic receptors
c. Beta 2 receptors
d. Opioid receptors
13) Which of the following group of drugs are a neuromuscular blocking agents_______________?
a. choline, adrenaline and amphetamine
b. Glycinium neostigamine and physostigamine
c. Pancuronium, rocuronium
d. Pirenzipine, propanolol and propantheline
14) All of the following drugs are non depolarizing neuromuscular blocking agents except_______________?
b. Gallamine triethiodide
c. Pancuronium bromide
15) The intramuscular administration of 0.6 mg of atropine sulphate to a 50 – kg adult may produce all of the following effects except_____________?
b. Decreased Salivation
c. Decreased Sweating
16) All of the following statements are true regarding cervicofacial actinomycosis, EXCEPT_____________?
a. 110-20% of actinomycosis cases occur in cervicofacial region
b. The discharging pus contains visible sulphur granules
c. Cultures on blood agar often produce a typical molar tooth morphology
d. There is usually history of trauma such as tooth extraction or a blow to the jaw
17) Mural thrombi are thrombi in______________?
a. Heart chamber
b. Valve cusp
18) Heterozygous sickle cell anaemia gives protection against______________?
d. Dengue fever
19) The correct nomenclature for Down’s syndrome with translocation of chromosome 14 to chromosome 21 is depicted as______________?
a. 47 X &, (+2)
b. 47 X Y, -14 t(14;21)
c. 46 X Y, -14 t(14;21)
d. 47 X Y, t(14;21)
20) T-Helper cells (TH2) initiates which type of immunity_______________?
a. Induces cell mediated immunity
b. Induces Humoral immunity
c. Induces immunity by activation of cytoxic T-cells
d. None of the above