1) The superposition theorem is applicable to____________?
a. linear, non-linear and time variant responses
b. linear and non-linear resistors only
c. linear responses only
d. none of the above
2) Between the branch voltages of a loop the Kirchhoff s voltage law imposes_____________?
a. non-linear constraints
b. linear constraints
c. no constraints
d. none of the above
3) Which of the following is a bilateral element?
a. Constant current source
b. Constant voltage source
d. None of the above
4) Choose the incorrect statement: A branch formed by the parallel connection.
a. A branch formed by the parallel connection of any resistor R and open circuit has the characteristic of an open circuit.
b. A branch formed by the parallel connection of any resistor R and a short circuit has the characteristic of a short circuit.
c. A branch formed by the series connection of any resistor R and an open circuit has the characteristic of an open circuit.
d. A branch formed by the series connection of any resistor R and a short circuit has the characteristic of resistor R.
5) According to Kirchhoffs voltage law, the algebraic sum of all IR drops and e.m.fs. in any closed loop of a network is always____________?
c. determined by battery e.m.fs.
6) The concept on which Superposition theorem is based on_____________?
7) For a voltage source:
a. terminal voltage is always lower than source e.m.f.
b. terminal voltage cannot be higher than source e.m.f.
c. the source e.m.f. and terminal voltage are equal
8) “Maximum power output is obtained from a network when the load resistance is equal to the output resistance of the network as seen from the terminals of the load”. The above statement is associated with____________?
a. Millman’s theorem
b. Thevenin’s theorem
c. Superposition theorem
d. Maximum power transfer theorem
9) A capacitor is generally a____________?
a. bilateral and active component
b. active, passive, linear and nonlinear component
c. linear and bilateral component
d. non-linear and active component
10) Kirchhoff s law is applicable to____________?
a. passive networks only
b. a.c. circuits only
c. d.c. circuits only
d. both a.c. as well d.c. circuits