1) Which among the following parameter/s increase/s due to positive feedback?
A. Input voltage
B. Output Voltage
D. Voltage Gain
a. A & B
b. Only C
c. B & D
d. A, B, C & D
2) What should be the value of input resistance for an ideal voltage amplifier circuit?
3) Which among the following parameters acts as an initiator for the operation of an oscillator in the absence of input signal?
a. Noise voltage
b. Noise power
c. Noise temperature
d. Noise figure
4) Why is the practical value of | Aβ | considered or adjusted to be slightly greater than '1'?
a. To compensate for noise voltage
b. To compensate for phase shifting of two relevant signals upto 180°
c. To compensate for non-linearities existing in the circuit
d. To compensate for the change in feedback voltage
5) Multivibrators belong to the category of _____________
a. Square wave oscillators
b. Triangular wave oscillators
c. Ramp wave oscillators
d. Sinusoidal oscillators
6) Which among the following does not belong to the category of LC oscillators?
a. Hartley oscillator
b. Colpitt's oscillator
c. Clapp oscillator
d. Wein bridge oscillator
7) What is/ are the necessity /ies of using a vertical structure in Power BJTs?
a. Increase in cross-sectional area to allow the flow of device current
b. Reduction in on-state power dissipation of transistor
c. Reduction in thermal resistance to keep the problem of power dissipation under control
d. All of the above
8) The n_region in a vertical cross-section of a typical n-p-n bipolar power transistor is also known as _________
a. Emitter drift region
b. Base drift region
c. Collector drift region
d. None of the above
9) Which is/are the major drawback/s of including an additional n__drift layer in a typical n-p-n bipolar power transistor?
a. Increase in on-state device resistance by increasing on-state power loss
b. Increase in on-state device resistance by decreasing on-state power loss
c. Increase in on-state device resistance by completely stabilizing the level of on-state power loss
d. All of the above
10) Which type of breakdown can be prevented by adopting a reverse-biased gate protecting diode on input side of MOSFET?
a. Avalanche breakdown
b. Punch through breakdown
c. Snapback breakdown
d. Static Charge Breakdown