1) Which of the following structures are constructed parallel to shore line to develop a demarcating line between land area and water area ?
a. sea walls, bulk heads and groynes
b. sea walls, bulk heads and revetments
c. sea walls, revetments and groynes
d. bulk heads, revetments and groynes
2) Assertion A : Large size stones are required in stone revetment in shore protection. Reason R : Resistance of stone to wave force is proportional to its volume and wave force is proportional to the exposed area of the stone?
Select your answer based on the coding system given below
a. Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
b. Both A and R are true but R is not a correct explanation of A
c. A is true but R is false
d. A is false but R is true
3) Which of the following structures protects the shore by trapping of littoral drift?
b. sea walls
4) For designing the dock, the proportion of ship load assumed to be borne by keel blocks is________________?
5) A ship is berthed in a chamber and lifted by principles of buoyancy Such a chamber is called_________________?
a. Dry dock
b. Wet dock
c. Floating dock
d. Refuge dock
6) A ship strikes the berth generally at an angle_________________?
a. 90° with the face of the dock
b. 45° with the face of the dock
c. 30° with the face of the dock
d. 10° with the face of the dock
7) Which of the following conditions of loading imposes the greatest load on the foundation in case of dry docks?
a. when the dock is empty
b. when the dock is empty with the ship of maximum tonnage
c. when the dock is full of water
d. when the dock is dry and is under construction
8) Which of the following are repair docks ?
a. marine railways, dry docks, floating docks, wet docks
b. dry docks, wet docks, floating docks, lift docks
c. wet docks, floating docks, lift docks, marine railways
d. wet docks, lift docks, marine railways, dry docks
9) Which of the following type of sea walls results in greatest protection of shore structures?
a. vertical sea wall
b. sea wall with batter
c. stepped sea wall
d. sea wall with concave face
10) When a wave strikes a vertical breakwater in deep water, it is reflected back and on meeting another advancing wave of similar amplitude merges and rises vertically in a wall of water. This phenomenon is called_________________?